● 1. Period of Hire. Unless previously agreed, letting starts at 4pm on the day of
arrival and ends at 10am on the day of departure. Lets are on a 3 night minimum stay
basis (except at Christmas and New Year where the lets are weekly) and the maximum
period of let is 3 weeks. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to
the persons named on the booking form.
● 2. Booking & Payment. A firm booking is accepted following confirmation of availability.
A 30% deposit for each rental is payable when a booking is made. The balance of the
hire charge shall be payable 6 weeks before the commencement of the letting period.
If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to
re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. For booking
made less than 6 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking.
Acceptable methods of payment are:
Payments by debit or credit card can be made online via the Holidaylettings web site
using the PayPal option.
Cheques drawn on a UK bank account, made payable to: Glen & Liz Wade Direct transfer
to UK bank account, details on request. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners
the Client is responsible for the full hire charge.
● 3. Cancellations. If the guest cancels or the balance is not paid on time, the
booking deposit cannot be refunded. If the balance payment is not received at least
two weeks before the holiday starts, the booking will be automatically cancelled.
If the guest has paid the full balance, they will receive a 50% refund of the total
cost if they cancel at least four weeks before the start of the holiday.
● 4. Availability. If Glen Carra cannot be made available for the period booked due
to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking,
the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further
claim against the Owners.
● 5. Services. Use of electricity, wifi, first supply of logs, sheets, duvets and
towels are all included.
● 6. Number of Persons using the properties. The number of persons occupying the
properties should not exceed eight (plus one baby in the cot). Subletting is strictly
● 7. Complaints & Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during
or after a period of letting, please contact us as soon as possible and we will attempt
to fix the problem.
● 8. Breakage or Damage. For the benefit of the next guests staying in the house,
please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. We do not
charge for breakages or damage which occur as a result of normal use, but reserve
the right to demand payment for damage or breakages which occur as a result of reckless
or deliberate misuse.
● 9. Care of Property. The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property,
its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them
in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting
period as at the beginning.
● 10. Pets. Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs or any other pets in the house.
● 11. Smoking is not permitted indoors.
● 12. Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury,
damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
● 13. Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable
times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
● 14. Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the property and its equipment is entirely
at the Client's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury
to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their
belongings, including motor vehicles. Client's Responsibility - The Client is responsible
for the property and its contents which should be left clean at the end of the holiday,
and breakages, damage or faults reported to the Owners.
● 15. Contract. The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Liz & Glen Wade, owners
of Glen Carra, Dunkeld, PH8 0AY